Friday, January 9, 2009

Is it a Miracle?

Holy Cow! I can't believe this! Maddie has been asking to eat.................VEGETABLES!!!! I try to put some kind of veggie on Maddie's plate for dinner (not every time, because I don't always have the energy for the fight to come). She rarely eats them and tells me "I don't wike dat!" with a sour look on her face. I'll try to get her to eat at least a couple bites, but it doesn't always go so well. So, the other night we had a normal dinner of chicken, potatoes and some green beans. Maddie went right to the green beans first and..... ate them ALL! Then she asked for more green beans, and ate all of those and asked for MORE! I was in total shock, but of course didn't want her to know that. She ate all her dinner and after her bath she asked for green beans as a snack! I felt like the heavens had opened up and the Angels were singing (haaaaaaaa)! I was happy with just that until the night before last when she opened the fridge and asked for CORN! Then, we were at my sister's house for dinner and we had broccoli and Maddie ate all of her broccoli and some of mine! To me... this is truly a miracle! My advice to anyone trying to get their kids to eat their veggies, never give up! Always try to present a veggie with dinner and maybe one day, just maybe, they'll pick it up and love it!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh man I love it...good for her.