Sunday, October 26, 2008

Maddie's new word!


So, we all know when children learn new words they sound kinda like the real word and sometimes they are completely different, and then SOMETIMES they sound like a really BAD word...well, the other day I was looking for something in the cupboard and I nonchalantly said, "Oh, darn it, I can't find it." and Maddie says to me, "Oh, DOM it." in an "oh well" kind of tone with her head cocked to the side and eyes looking to the corner. I really tried hard not to let out a chuckle but it's too close to the actual word and I couldn't help it. Then, she thought it was sooo funny and said, "dom it, dom it, dom it, HA HA!" and just started cracking up! Glen's little brother was over and he let out a little chuckle. I told Maddie "It's DARN it, not DOM it, and...I don't want you saying either one.... and mommy won't either, we'll just say Oh no, or Oh man!"


It's almost as bad as the story my mother-in-law told me about Glen's little sister Heather, who as a little girl couldn't pronounce her Rs, and she kept asking for a FORK at a church activity!!!


Oh man...kids say the silliest things!

1 comment:

BreAn said...

This is so funny. We have this same problem in our house too. :) Glad I'm not the only one.