Saturday, October 18, 2008

Making Rolls






The weather is changing and I got the itch to make homemade chicken soup with fresh, yummy rolls! Normally I like to do this kind of thing while both girls are napping but on this particular day Maddie had already napped and was eager to help. Being the control freak that I am at times, especially when it comes to baking, I hesitated. I just like to get it done without having a huge mess, but then I thought, "what the heck... they're just rolls, and it's just flour... Why not!" So, we went to town! Maddie helped sprinkle the flour on the board and dough, rolled out some of her "own" dough, and helped place the rolls on the cookie sheets. She did a GREAT job and had soooo much fun and... so did I! It was the cutest thing, and I felt like such a schmuck for even thinking of not letting her help! Life is just too short, soon helping mommy will be the furthest thing from her mind. I might as well take advantage of it now!

No comments: