Monday, October 20, 2008

Cute little story

This morning Maddie and I were watching Elmo and the topic of the day was about penguins. Maddie loves penguins, she calls them "Penos". Anyway, there was a little boy whose dad worked at the zoo taking care of the penguins and he was telling us all the things they do to take care of them, including feeding them fish. Maddie got up and ran to the pantry. She ran back over to me and said, "Look mom, I eat hish too, all the time!" In her hand was the big box of goldfish crackers! She popped some goldfish in her mouth, laughed and said, "I a peno too!" I laughed and of course being the big baby that I am teared up a bit, I just thought that was so darn cute of her!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

This is a GREAT story! I love how you can write in baby talk (toddler talk--is that a technical term?); it paints such a perfect picture. Penos... Is she going to be one for Halloween? Ryker was one two years ago and it was adorable. He walked like a peno at that stage too, and with his little flippery arms flailing about...oh it was priceless!

Cummins Family said...

Actually, Hunter had a penguin costume last year so Riley will be the "Peno", Maddie wants to be a kitty cat AND and penguin! We'll see how that goes!