Friday, December 19, 2008

So Touching

This evening I was doing Maddie's hair as we were getting ready to visit with the elderly at the hospital. We were just chatting. I said something about how cute her hair was going to look in two pig tails (we haven't done her hair in a few days). She told me: "Your grampa give it me!" and I said "What did he give you? Your pretty red hair?" (my grandfather had her hair color). She then said, "yeah, I hee your grampa all time!", I said, "you do? When did you see my grandpa?" and she said, "uhmm, last week!" I kinda laughed and said, "oh you did? Where?" (my grandpa passed away a few years ago), and she told me, "Uhm, Heavenly Fader's house!" Before she said that, I wasn't taking her too seriously because I've talked about her getting her hair from my grandpa whenever anyone asks, but her saying that she saw him at Heavenly Father's house totally suprised me because I don't beleive I've ever told her about him being in heaven or anything of that nature. As she was talking I thought about how it could be possible that my grandpa's spirit has probably been around, as I was very close with him. I was silenced for a moment as I realized that she probably has seen him and she was probably by his side before she came down to be with us and was just remembering that time with him in her Heavenly Father's house. Now, I know for SURE where she gets that beautiful red hair from, my grandpa, her great grandpa, gave it to her (along with the stubborn personality and witty sense of humor that comes with a red head)!

2 comments:

The Cahoons! said...

That is so sweet Kari! What a wonderful moment!

BreAn said...

This IS a great story. I love stories like this. It helps remind us that heaven isn't all that far away. *smile* And how cool that your daughter and grandfather had a good relationship too, just like her Momma!