Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Call me CRAZY!

Ok, so our lively little 8 month old isn't crawling yet, but she's TALKING! I'm not kidding and I'm NOT crazy! (ok, maybe a little, but anyone who has kids has to be just a tintsy bit crazy...right?). So here's what she is saying:

"Hi!"
"Hey" (she picked up the phone and kept saying "Hey, hey!")
"Dada"
And the other day I was lazy to get out of bed and she was fussing so I finally dragged myself out and when I went in the room I said, "I'm sorry, are you mad at me?" and she flat out said, "Yeah!" (with a smile of course) Serious, no joke! Of course, I wasn't expecting her to respond, but from here on out it wouldn't surprise me! Do we have a child prodigy on our hands? (I'm only kidding.....kinda! ;) I guess the reason I'm so surprised is not because she's 8 months, because I think it's pretty normal for some babies her age to say a couple words like mama and Dada, but that she's saying a new word like every couple days! Is that normal? I don't know, I've only had one before her. Maddie was saying, "good girl" and "no" around 9 months, but not too much more until she was 1.

Of course, I'm still waiting for her to call me "Mama"..... We'll keep you posted on any new words!

No comments: